Mobile marketing has steadily been growing for the past few years and it is expected to double each year for the following five years, as more people get smartphones or other wireless cellular devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will grow into an $20 billion industry.
If you're still in the Dark Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it is a way to engage with those customers who only use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to make use of the web. The important thing word here is "engage" - building relationships together with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is also a preferred method of marketing to your customers as they have to give permission to do so. Including hitting a link to opt-in, or downloading an app. Your customer can purchase your offer immediately as well as pay it off from his mobile phone, giving instant gratification.
One more reason why mobile marketing is preferred, is the demographics: your mobile user's age bracket is from 18 to 49 who will often have a diploma and a higher paying occupation in order to be able to afford the device.
Other benefits of mobile marketing:
1. It's more affordable than other forms of advertising, only a normal text fee.
2. You are able to get in touch with people anywhere - you are not restricted to your physical area, but to wherever the cell phone is you are attempting to reach.
3. The response rates are greater than with a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile phone is really a personal item owned by only one person. You are able to therefore target your marketing more specifically that person or a group of people like him.
5. The mobile device has joined the wallet and keys as something you usually take with you. This means that you are able to reach your customer anywhere at any time and that they will read your message almost instantly and act onto it.
6. You can easily pay from a mobile phone as payment processors are made into them.
7. You can track the payments to the mobile number which means that you can create a profile of your customer and the buying preferences.
8. You are able to accurately appraise the rate of success of your advertising due to having the ability to track sales.
9. The mobile is highly interactive as the customer can text back to you with questions should he have.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is rather new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This makes you and your messages stand out.
11. Your customer can certainly share his messages with other people, which provides your advertisements the potential to visit viral.
Your debt it to your business to check out mobile marketing as a new tool to promote straight to your target market.